Al'ar lags like hell but area 52 doesnt
I have over 15k ms on Al'ar server, thus unable to play, but sub 100 ms on Area 52. I have played on Al'ar half a year ago without any problems. Has anyone had similar problems and fixed them, or knows what might be the issue ?
@Qyx Right now I can think of literally hundreds of reasons, as the information is rather... Slim.
Can you help me, help you, by making a more detailed post. Things like:
- What Operating System are you running and what patch?
- Do you connect via WiFi or cable?
- What steps did you try to make it work again? (example: clearing cache/wtf folder)
- Apart from Ascension, do you experience similar issues with other games and/or streaming media?
Excl Ascension Staff last edited by
@Qyx Hey, we recently made an experimental fix for this issue.
Are you able to verify if the situation on your end has improved at all?
Yeah, sorry about the lack of information. I am playing with the same internet, same connection as last time I played (around 6 months ago), only thing that changed is I swapped to more powerful laptop (Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H, just in case it might be usefull).
- I am running windows 10 home edition, 64 bit, version 21H2
- I am connected via WiFi
- Fresh install of WoW via ascension launcher
- Haven't experienced any issues with internet in games or any streaming media (speedtest.net shows around 31 ms, 45 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload on evenings when the internet is the slowest)
Well now I have 5k ms on Al'ar instead of 15k, so its a progress :D, game wise it is better, lower periods of waiting between response
@Qyx Just had a DM with a GM. It's a problem dev's are actively working on, it should be "magically fixed" on your side when they do the final patch.
For now I suggest not taking any major actions on your side of the network, other then perhaps trying out a cabled connection, as 31ms for a pingtest is rather high. But if it doesn't bother you that much, don't waste time on it.
Hope they find the problem soon and hope you enjoy the game none-the-less.
TastyGM Ascension Staff last edited by
Any improvements since like... an hour ago my guys?
Yes, its better. First 2-3 minutes ms was stable at 150 ms, after that it went to 2k ms and stabilized there.
@Qyx Good to hear, hope it stays stable and becomes better of the course of the evening.
If you are unable to sign in, please set your Display Name.