Mystic Enchant - Hoplite Changes
So let's talk the talk, Hoplite is a fun build but is kinda behind in terms of overall usefulness, I identified several keypoints of the build :
- Colossus Smash + Impale synergy
- Thrust spamming with Bloodrage.
The Main issue is that Colossus smash has this very annoying 30s CD and there are very little to no way of going around it. This made trashing kinda painful and locks bossing behind Thrust + Shield + Bloodrage spam, and sometimes you colossus smash before the boss dies thus hindering potential DPS. (also let's not talk cleave ability)
I do believe there are two simple way to keep the Intention and Spirit of the build, while buffing it a bit for everything so here's my take :
- To encourage playing around the Impale Stacks, I would add something around 2s reduction per Impale stack if you successfully hit a target with Colossus Smash.
That way, you'll have to play around building impale stacks against bosses, rewarding Smashin' at the right time (Because 10 stack * 2 = 20s), that would leave 2 seconds of window time before hitting a second Colossus Smash, refreshing Javelin and doing a nice and tidy rotation. Hitting Colossus Smash too early would throw off the CD reduction, thus dissuading the build from becoming "haha colossus smash go brrrr", and giving time to do proper thrust, shield strike & bloodrage management
To give the build a little more encouragement toward Trashing and cleaving side. I would add some cleave based around either :
- Impale stacks : Hitting a target with at least 5 (change number to liking) Impaled stack with Colossus Smash makes the next Thrust or Shield Strike hit 5 target (Disemboweled style, did I mention I love disembowel?)
- Phalanx Strike stacks : Reaching at least 5 (change number to liking) Phalanx Strike stacks makes the next Thrust or Shield Strike hits 5 target. (Still loving Disembowel.)
And that was my grain of salt !