LRE: Fury of the FIrelord.
I've been thinking of this idea of LRE's based around the 4 elemental Lords.
After some thinking this is what I came up with for Ragnaros.
I didn't put any numbers in because I don't know squat about balance.
DoctorBlah last edited by
@Malorien As its written right now, it looks like you would just make a fire based enhancement shaman and push button on proc. I absolutely love the idea of theme'ing something around the elemental lords so I have a few idea to help inspire something more unique for gameplay.
- If we're gonna be based on a fire element lord. We can have the RE modify and use the fire elemental totem.
- His abilities from MC and Firelands raids suggest we should do a Targeted Blast wave (Hand of Ragnaros). Not great for PvE or if you're melee. So maybe a knock up?
- The most iconic moments of Ragnaros is being rooted to one spot. What if our abilities created pools of lava tethering us to the elemental plane of fire and stacked our Might of Sulfuras buff? Maybe at the cost of movement speed or health, and "Hand of Ragnaros" launches us(or speed boost while remove lava speed debuff) as either AoE dmg or escape from our own lava pools?
- I agree 100% that Sulfarus smash needs to be your WHAMH button and feel great to press. We might want to add some ticking DoT to all our fire damage that we can interact with
- Looking at Blizzard's moba Heroes of the Storm. Ragnaros has abilities like a rolling meteor, Next auto attack Does fire damage in an AoE & heals. A targeted buff that increases movement speed and then explodes, which can shield. An ice block in the form of dipping in the lava pool. Lava wave which is shared theme with firelands Ragnaros. If we want to more heavily barrow from this kit we could:
- Theme the build around burning and hurting yourself to deal more damage. Your AoEs shield & heal you.
- Include more Lava theme waves
- Possibly make an RE with an optional Righteous Fury to turn the RE into a tank or dps LRE
@DoctorBlah You bring up lots of good ideas, honestly I will say I built this thing in like 10 minutes just kinda winging it.
I'll bring it back into the drawing boards and see what else I can come up with.
I've come up with names for all the different lords as well.
So its Fury of the FIrelord, Wrath of the Windlord, Embrace of the Earthmother and Torrent of the Tidelord. I have some vague ideas on how I want these all to function.
DoctorBlah last edited by DoctorBlah
@Malorien Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm not as familiar with the other elemental lords but I imagine the wind one can be based around agility, dashes, and lightning damage. Maybe even a stacking buff static electricity for moving. For all of us who spam strafe left-right all day.
Incredibly bloated with text and sharing a bit too much with the Flaming Templar for a melee fire user, I've thrown together a "Hurt yourself to hurt them to protect yourself to hurt them".
Cast fire spells to apply DoTs, use warrior physical skills to extend DoT at cost of its damage. Shaman spells to consume DoTs for bonus damage that hurts you. Fire ward to stop yourself from burning to death and give a small damage boost. Alternate effect for righteous fury tank.
Obvious flaws, we need to restrict fire spells apply Be Purged Insect to direct damage & mage spells or remove the option for flame shock to apply it. I couldn't fit in lava pools as much as I wanted, maybe its fire crits that drop a pool? Its open ended for all warrior & fire skills. idk, just fun throwing ideas around. Let me know if any of these concepts suite your fancy
Edit: I was suppose to do something where stagger instead gave you stacks of BE PURGED INSECT but I'm lazy?
@Malorien May I also suggest a pulsing fire AoE? Like emanating light/consecration for Paladins but fire dmg instead. There is a scene in the godzilla movie where godzilla absorbs nuclear energy or something and then becomes so hot that he melts everything near him.
@DoctorBlah Hey haven't been around in awhile life's been rough but I like the look of this. I'm gonna get back on my thought train for all the lords
(And something I'm cooking up for Killing Spree cause honestly I NEEEED an LRE for Killing Spree)
Honestly this was my first draft just kind of getting a feel for making RE's when bored... and i'm bored often.
In my initial thought process I wanted to make Fire and Wind both DPS specs Earth Tank and Water being healing. But I can see where adding things to allow tanking or other play styles would be good for gameplay.
I'll be heading into the lab to cook up my ideas and post them when I feel they're in a good spot.
Thanks for all the feedback I SHALL RETURN!
@DoctorBlah I really liked what you had there but I just had to make a couple changes to it to fit more in line to how I feel but other then that this thing has become a wall of text lol
Im probably going to make a different version of it again just to play around with the idea.
but other then that im gonna start working on Al'Akir next.
If you are unable to sign in, please set your Display Name.