Any expert to help out with skills / talents /RE's
DoubleDiamond last edited by
@Tacopill I've been really fond of the Mana Fiend RE ever since other players helped me with it on these forums.
Some general tips I received:
- Maximize your mana pool. The more mana you have, the longer the delirium will last and therefore the more spell power you'll be able to take advantage of.
- Intellect and spell power are the focus. I guess it should have been obvious, but when I first picked up Mana Fiend, I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be an Intellect-primary (to make use of spell casting) or Strength-/Agility-primary (to improve melee capability) build. However, the point of the RE is not to deal melee damage with your weapons or other physical abilities. The idea is to use the melee auto-attack to trigger the delirium alone and then start spamming spells as your spell damage ramps up.
- Get Deconstruction ASAP! This epic RE replaces Devastate with a melee spell attack which also applies stacks of Sunder Armor. In addition, Deconstruction deals additional damage and increases your spell power based on the number of Sunder Armor stacks on your target. This should be your primary attack in the build.
- Check out the Lunar Spirits epic RE. Lunar Spirits causes Arcane Missiles to spread Moonfire to additional targets and gives Moonfire ticks a chance to cause Arcane Explosion to apply a damage over time effect. It reduces the damage of Moonfire by 90%, so it's no longer a good source of single-target damage, but against groups it is phenomenal.
- Consider checking out Sunfire or Arcane Displacement as part of your build, too. Sunfire is an instant cast AoE that adds a damage over time effect to your target and increases your spell damage and spell crit chance against them, but scales with Moonfire so it pairs well with Lunar Spirits. Alternatively, Arcane Displacement causes your Arcane Missiles to teleport you to your target, making your opening rotation smoother.
@DoubleDiamond much appreciated , thanks for the detailed tips
praisebelial last edited by
Hey man, nice explanation. i know the thread is old but i will try anyway. Don't you think Running full caster with arcane blast would be good, you try to proc delirium with a basic attack between cast. min maxing for full intel, max mana pool, spell power gain from intel and blasting the shit out off the targets for massive damage. you may not be a AOE monster but arcane blast stack very well and single target dps must shred as fuck. i'm sure the main problem must be mana but i'm curious to see the raw power of the build.
DoubleDiamond last edited by
@praisebelial I thought alternating between Arcane Blast and melee auto attacks would be good, too, but when I tried it in-game, it wasn't very effective at all.
Your melee attacks are interrupted whenever you cast Arcane Blast, meaning you effectively reduce the chance to proc the delirium and Arcane Blast can quickly start eating up your mana before it does, meaning you're also reducing the maximum duration of the delirium as well.
The starting rotation I found best was:
- Sunfire (with RE) your main target to boost spell critical against it -> Moonfire to apply the dot -> Arcane Missiles to spread Moonfire, then Charge to get in melee range and generate some rage.
- Now that you're in melee range, start spamming Deconstruct and Arcane Barrage on cooldown while keeping an eye on your other procs (refresh Moonfire if Missile Barrage procs and then immediately use Arcane Missiles to spread Moonfire again; cast Arcane Explosion when Lunar Spirits procs from Moonfire ticks)
- Once the delirium procs, you could try spamming Arcane Blast over and over on single targets, but I usually stuck with alternating Arcane Barrage / Deconstruction on single targets and Arcane Explosion on groups while it lasted
If you are unable to sign in, please set your Display Name.