Alternative Instalation for Debian/Ubuntu
After having some Issues with the recommended installation for Ubuntu, i tried an alternative way and had no issues here.
So i want to write this small guide to provide an alternative.
The Core here is 'Bottles' https://usebottles.com/
What else you need is the windows installer for the Ascension-Launcher.
(Issue here: the website detects your OS, so you need a windows PC or direct link to get the download)
- Install Bottles as instructed on the website.
- Start Bottles and add a new Bottle (+)
- select 'game' and create the bottle (first run will take 5-10 min)
- Click on the right arrow on the Bottle and navigate to 'dependencies'
- install the following dependencies:
- Execute the install and follow it as normal.
Note: I installed it today, so i cant say if there are deeper issues here. i can login and play, even in fullscreen.
Buttons might be shown differently, my PC is set to de_DE...
If there is feedback i would love to hear it.
Hope this helps.
@Skolak Update: its unstable. maybe it just needs some tweeking, there are a lot of settings... if someone is willing to go down this hole: good luck.
(i just made a win10 usb...)
@Skolak For anyone searching for a performance boost under Linux, there is a great solution via Proton. I have stable FPS on max settings with HD Textures.
I made a guide for the Steam Deck, but you can basically do the same on every Linux Distro with Steam or Lutris: Link to Steam Deck Guide
If you are unable to sign in, please set your Display Name.