[RE ideas] BfA Disc Priest, PLEASE make it happen.
Gentlemann last edited by Gentlemann
Aka the only good thing in BfA.
Let me tell you, not only was it my first time ever REALLY playing a healer class, disc priest was the sole reason I kept playing during BfA.
Healing through dealing damage AND negating so much damage was SO incredibly fun to me, for raiding, dungeons AND PvP!
I am fairly new to your game I tried alot of builds already and I love theorycrafting, but right now I found the Holy Caster, and it reminded me so much of that build from bfa just without the healing, and I haven't tried healing in ascension yet.
I saw that there were attempts already with literally a legendary enchant called Atonement, but from what I have heard it is not very good atm, and to me Atonement is only a third of what made the build SO enjoyable.
The build needs three things with the legendary RE Antonement in mind:
- an Atonement like effect that we get with this enchant and Grace, but I think it needs a bit of tweaking.
- A way to apply grace to all of our friends "easily", I have an idea for that.
- and the most fun part to me was: Smite dealing damage adding a damage absorbtion debuff on the enemy.
SO first of all, the coolest thing about Acsesion so far to me are the RE's because they enable so much fun playstyle even from later addons and reallylfeel like game changing unique items from a game like PoE or Diablo.
My Idea here is to add 2 new RE's to enable that playstyle and maybe slightly buff the atonement legendary RE.
NEW Epic Enchant called Power Word: Radiance
If you know Power Word: Shield you also learn Power Word: Radiance. It has a 2 sec cast time and applies Power Word: Shield to the target and 4 allies within 30 yards, but the absorbtion amount is reduced by 50%. (This can trigger Grace and has a 15 sec cd)
NEW Either epic or triple blue enchant simply called Discipline
Smite now absorbs the next X [(spell power * X) + (Spirit * X)] damage dealt by the enemy. This effect can stack up to 5 times.
Buffed Legendary Enchant Atonement
Dealing direct damage with Smite, Holy Fire or Penance now also heals nearby allies affected by your Grace for 40% of the damage dealt. This effect is halved on the caster.
This is basically all it needs to get the CORE feeling of that BfA disc priest into Ascension!
- You Cast your Power Word: Radiance every 15 seconds to get Grace on your whole team and absorb some damage and get all other benefits from shielding.
- You Spam filler Smite on the boss or priority target, adding a stacking debuff to the target just like in BfA that absorbs any damage the target deals based on your spell power and Spirit
- You deal damage with you Holy Fire and Smite and heal your team in the meantime while also doing respectable dps along the way.
And with the already lowered damage you deal in PvP (which is another great thing about Acsension) I dont think reducing this healing even further makes sense, since it is damaged based and therefore already reduced by a lot over 50%, but ofcourse you can nerf it if it is too strong, but I really dont think so (since in BfA it was also not nerfed in PvP)
And I futher think it should definitly also heal yourself, I see why you dont want that, but even at half the value (so 20%) it is absolutly need to deal with some heroic and mythic mechanics and also for PvP. Especially when you have stuff like shadow bolt healing for 30% or even 45%
So PLEASE make this happen. this would be amazing!
If you are unable to sign in, please set your Display Name.