Mac Support - Game Porting Toolkit
Over at r/macgaming, using the new Game Porting Toolkit announced at the Apple WWDC, They gotten DX12 games (Diablo 4, Cyberpunk) running on the M1/M2 Macs. Seems to be possible using a wine? I know there is a Project Ascension on linux using wine (https://ascension.gg/download/unix).
Does this change anything for Ascension on Mac?
@Plip101 I've gotten the Project Ascension Launcher installed + running on My M1 Mac using the game port toolkit.
However, When trying to install the Game itself through the Launcher, "Error: Something went wrong.
Here are the steps I followed to get Project Ascension running on Mac using Gameport toolkit (incase any other Mac users can get past the block I've reached)
Followed Instructions from https://www.applegamingwiki.com/wiki/Game_Porting_Toolkit
- download dmg for Command Line Tools for Xcode 15 beta + Game Porting Toolkit
- Install home-brew
- Download apple tap + install game porting toolkit
- prepare toolkit
- create wine prefix
The following steps are NOT in the above guide.
- Download the Project ascension .exe
- gameportingtoolkit ~/my-game-prefix ~/Downloads/ascension-setup-111.exe
- The launcher will try install .net 4.8 framework. Anytime it gets stuck on "netfx_Core.mzz" I closed that wine window and it continued on with the installation
- After restarting wine, you can run this command to launch the launcher
gameportingtoolkit ~/my-game-prefix 'C:\Program Files\Ascension Launcher\Ascension Launcher.exe'
- Wine will open with the below error,
Close it THREE times and it WILL launch the launcher
From here, the launcher won't download the needed files to play
Any help would be much appreciated