Open world capturable territory.
Ok, I know this is a big ask but I think it would be a lot of fun and would really elevate world PVP to a whole new level:
Basically take a page from Planetside 2 and make every village, town and city in the open world capturable.
Just like Arathi Basin, put a flag somewhere in each town that if captured, the town goes to the capturing side and spawns NPCs of that faction.
Add in a lattice system connecting towns to each other to stabilize "behind the lines" territories - i.e. you can travel in enemy held territory, but you can only capture towns that are adjacent to towns already owned by your faction. *Creates clear battle lines that change over time where the combat would concentrate.
Add in world PVP and logistics quests and rewards for all levels.
Now that would be WARCraft!
The battles would be ongoing and absolutely insane and I would play the heck out of that for the rest of my life.
I've dreamed of building it myself and tried to give it a go, but it was way over my head. I'd be so thrilled if you like the idea and wanted to add it to a future expansion. Heck, I'd even volunteer to work on it with you in any way I could
Thank you for reading.
~ The Dork
Something similar to the occupation of the castle and fortresses in lineage 2, but in lineage 2, for occupying the castle, the clan/guild who occupied it receives sales taxes from the npc (passive income of gold for the guild) and there is also a farm system for obtaining material (in lineage it's really tedious to assemble something (it takes about a month of farming material to make a sword))
@WiliemDemon Yikes! That's a long grind for one item. I sure hope they're worth it. I didn't play Lineage long enough to get to the sieges, but basically yeah. Like, is there something you need an NPC for in that territory that the other side is holding? Fight for it so your NPCs will spawn!
I do love the pace of Ascension though, still gotta work for it, but progression is quick and steady.
I can imagine that, for example, the horde would own the Honor hold (hellfire peninsula) and that would mean that the horde of the guild that conquered it could enter there and fulfill the Q that the player can get in that fortress/village, but for other players in the horde it would still be the fort/village was aggressive
And this would in its own way make it possible to farm reputation even with the enemy faction, and in addition it would be good to own or learn a guild teleport that would serve as a heartstone but for the guild (teleport to the owned village)
And otherwise farm 1 month it was for a low sword (for lvl +-60 (max lvl 85)) but when assembling a sword and other things in addition there was only a 60% chance that it will be assembled (40% that you will lose everything you farmed that month ) but when you managed to assemble it, there was a 0.1% chance to assemble a consecrated weapon/armor and that then added wonderful bonuses like a sword which gives you +10% more HP or +10% more mana or +5% attack or +30% heal effect...
And in addition, crystals can be put into swords, which also raise stats (+25% hp in sword, +25% mana in staffs) and living stones can also be put into weapons, which in turn gives the possibility of having an active/passive/chance in the weapon abilities (active = Fireball spell = healer who didn't have offensive abilities could attack with this)(passive = payback = 20% of any damage is returned to the enemy)(chance = medusa = when you got hit by an enemy there was a 5% chance of enemies in 9 yards around you petrify for 20 seconds (and this works on the boss too))